On a mission to see more Asian Australian stories on our stages, Performance 4a and Playwriting Australia team up to nurture a new generation of playwrights.
The Lotus Asian-Australian Playwriting project provides high calibre training and mentoring for Asian Australian artists who are interested in writing for the stage. We aim to identify and support extraordinary new voices and stories from perspectives rarely experienced in mainstage Australian theatre.
- STEP 1 - Free workshops: providing a fun and practical introduction to writing for the stage
- STEP 2 - The Salon: a six-month mentoring program for those who want to develop their ideas into a script
- STEP 3 - Play development and showcase: an opportunity to see the advanced scripts performed
In the long-term, we’ll be working with theatre companies around the country to ensure the most promising new works make it to production.
Take the first step now...
Free Lotus Playwriting Workshops
The project kicks off with a series of free playwriting workshops in
Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne open to Asian-Australian artists,
performers, writers and bloggers.
This workshop is a practical and fun introduction to writing for
theatre. Participants don’t need any playwriting experience, just
curiosity, imagination and a desire to work with theatre artists to tell
- BRISBANE Fri 4 April – Sun 6 April @La Boite Theatre Company
Monday 31 March - limited places! (details)
- SYDNEY – April 12 & 13
- MELBOURNE – dates to be announced soon
Join us! Contact
at Playwriting Australia to register your
interest in attending a workshop or getting involved in the project.